This page was updated on August 25, 2021. Current protocols aligned with BC’s COVID-19 restart plan are available below.
All ages are welcome in my treatment space, particularly pregnant people, new parents, kids, and their parents. I work at Mothering Touch (975 Fort Street in Victoria BC) on both weekdays and weekends. The overall focus here is on new and expectant parents, but everyone is welcome to book an appointment. I also offer in-home massage therapy on both weekdays and weekends in Victoria, Oak Bay, Saanich, View Royal, Highlands, Langford, Colwood, and Esquimalt (mobile appointments at your home).
- Scheduling appointments at Mothering Touch You may book online here (click ‘services’) or call (250) 595-4905 to book your appointment.
- Scheduling in-home appointments Please call 1 (250) 777-2576 to book your initial appointment.
I do not work in the evenings. I do not take same day appointments. Please call or email with any questions (scroll to the bottom of the page for contact information). Thank you.
You may like to know more about me or about these things…
Services, fees, etc.
RMTs in BC
Communicable Disease Prevention
- These protocols aim to reduce the risk of transmission of communicable diseases such as the virus that causes COVID-19. Due to the hands-on nature of massage therapy treatment, this risk cannot be reduced to zero.
- As British Columbia gradually loosens guidelines and restrictions I will update these protocols to remain in line with guidance provided by the College of Massage Therapists of British Columbia, the Provincial Health Officer, and WorkSafeBC.
- You will receive a screening questionnaire before each appointment. If you or your close contacts are experiencing any new symptoms consistent with COVID-19, or are waiting for a COVID-19 test result, please stay home. I reserve the right to postpone and reschedule your appointment if your health may be compromised. Cancellation fees are waived when cancellation is due to feeling unwell.
- If my health or the health of any of my close contacts may be compromised, then I will contact 8-1-1 for guidance to help me protect the health of all of my patients.
- Physical distancing measures will be in place during non-treatment times.
- Depending on the treatment environment, good ventilation will be maintained as well as possible.
- You will be asked to wash or sanitize your hands on arrival/before treatment. Please avoid touching your face, as this may contribute to transmission of communicable diseases. As is standard practice, I will wash my hands and forearms immediately before and after the treatment.
- Linens (sheets, blankets, etc.) will be used only once before being laundered.
- Equipment, supplies, and other touch surfaces in the treatment area will be cleaned in between appointments. Items touched solely by the therapist will be cleaned and sanitized. Items touched directly by patients will be cleaned and disinfected.
- I will continue to wear a mask at all times during appointments. You will also be required to wear a mask at all times if your appointment is at Mothering Touch. Two weeks after your second dose of a Health Canada-approved COVID-19 vaccine, you will no longer be required to wear a mask during an in-home appointment. If you are exempt from wearing a mask under current public health guidelines in British Columbia, please speak to me about this ahead of time. I can provide you with a clean single-use mask at your appointment.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me by phone or email (see below). Stay well!