This page was updated May 2, 2021. Details about how to schedule appointments and COVID-19 practice protocols are available at the bottom of this page.
All ages are welcome in my treatment space, particularly pregnant people, new parents, kids, and their parents. I work at Mothering Touch (975 Fort Street in Victoria BC) on Saturdays, Sundays, and occasionally on weekdays. The overall focus at Mothering Touch is on new and expectant parents, but everyone is welcome to book an appointment. I also offer in-home massage therapy (mobile appointments) in Victoria, Oak Bay, Saanich, View Royal, Highlands, Langford, Colwood, and Esquimalt.
You may like to know more about me or about these things…
Services, fees, etc.
RMTs in BC
Return to practice protocols (the condensed version
- Protocols aim to reduce the risk of transmission of the virus that causes COVID-19. Due to the hands-on nature of massage therapy treatment, this risk cannot be reduced to zero.
- I will update these protocols as needed to remain in line with the public health guidance provided by the College of Massage Therapists of British Columbia, the Provincial Health Officer, and WorkSafeBC.
- Scheduling appointments at Mothering Touch You may book online here or call (250) 595-4905. New and current patients are welcome to contact me directly with questions or concerns about receiving massage therapy treatment during the COVID-19 pandemic (contact details are below).
- Scheduling in-home appointments Appointments may be booked online, by phone, or by email (scroll to the bottom of this page for all of these options). I speak to all new patients over the phone before arriving to the first appointment. Please ask any questions you may have about the risks and benefits of proceeding with massage therapy at that time.
- At the time of booking you will be directed to the BC COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment Tool. In order for your appointment to proceed you must confirm that you and your close contacts are healthy, that none of you have a confirmed or potential case of COVID-19, that none of you are waiting for a COVID-19 test result, that none of you are currently self-isolating due to potential exposure to the virus, and that none of you will have travelled away from your home community on Vancouver Island during the 14 days prior to the date of your appointment (if anyone has travelled recently, we will discuss whether or not it is safe for your appointment to proceed).
- You will complete a screening questionnaire within two days of each appointment; I may call you to follow up on your responses. I reserve the right to postpone and reschedule your appointment if your health or the health of anyone in your household may be compromised. Cancellation fees are waived when cancellation is due to reasons associated with COVID-19.
- I will be self-screening for symptoms and will not work if my health or the health of anyone in my household may be compromised. In these cases, I will contact 8-1-1 for guidance to help me protect the health of all my patients.
- Physical distancing measures will be in place during non-treatment times.
- Enhanced cleaning, sanitization, and disinfection protocols will be strictly followed in all practice environments.
- Enhanced protocols will also be followed when laundering linens.
- Face touching avoidance and hand hygiene protocols will be strictly followed by both me and you. You will be asked to wash or sanitize your hands before and after the treatment. As is standard practice, I will wash my hands and forearms immediately before and after the treatment.
- I will wear a mask at all times when I am in the treatment space. You will also be required to wear a mask at all times in the treatment space. If you are exempt from wearing a mask under the current public health orders in British Columbia, please speak to me about this ahead of time. I can provide you with a clean single-use mask at your appointment.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me by phone or email (see below). Stay well!
You can complete the BC COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment Tool here. You can call 8-1-1 for guidance from public health about the results of the self-assessment. You can learn about COVID-19 testing here.