How will I keep your treatments as safe as possible during the COVID-19 pandemic? Return to practice protocols are available below. I encourage you to read through these before your next appointment.
Click here to learn about me and about how I practice. I enjoy working with people at various stages of life, especially those who are pregnant, who are parents of young children, or whose grandchildren keep them young at heart.
In-home appointments – Victoria, Oak Bay, Saanich, View Royal, Highlands, Langford, Colwood, and Esquimalt.
You may like to know more about…
Services, fees, etc.
RMTs in BC
Return to practice protocols (the condensed version. updated June 19, 2020)
- These protocols aim to reduce the risk of transmission of the virus that causes COVID-19. Due to the hands-on nature of massage therapy treatment, this risk cannot be reduced to zero.
- I will update these protocols to remain in line with the guidance provided by the College of Massage Therapists of British Columbia, the Registered Massage Therapists Association of British Columbia, the Provincial Health Officer, and WorkSafeBC.
- Appointments will be booked by phone until at least the end of August (availability is still posted monthly via the ‘book an appointment’ buttons and you can always rebook your next appointment in person before I leave your home).
- In-home appointments are available again beginning June 16. I am limiting my schedule to one household per work day until at least the end of August.
- Institutional visits are suspended indefinitely, and I do not offer workplace appointments.
- You must answer pre-screening questions about any potential symptoms or risk factors at the time of booking, the day before your appointment, and when I arrive for the appointment. I reserve the right to postpone and reschedule your appointment if your health or the health of anyone in your household may be compromised. The cancellation fee (less than 24 hours notice) is waived when cancellation is due to reasons associated with COVID-19. The ‘no show’ fee remains in place.
- I will be self-screening for symptoms and will not work if my health or the health of anyone in my household may be compromised. In these cases, I will contact 8-1-1 for guidance to help me protect the health of all my patients.
- Physical distancing measures will be in place during non-treatment times.
- Enhanced cleaning protocols will be strictly followed. I will not touch anything unnecessary in your home and will clean everything I touched before I leave. Please allow me a little extra time to clean all my equipment and supplies before leaving your home. The next day’s patient appreciates your consideration.
- Enhanced cleaning protocols will also be followed when laundering linens.
- Face touching avoidance and hand hygiene protocols will be strictly followed by both me and you.
- I will wear a mask whenever physical distancing cannot be maintained, and you will also be required to wear a mask as appropriate during treatment (if you are unable to wear a mask for health reasons please discuss this ahead of time). I will provide you with a clean single-use mask at each appointment.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me by phone or email (see below).
- Stay well!
If you are experiencing symptoms that may be caused by COVID-19 (fever, chills, difficulty breathing, new or worsening cough, runny nose, etc), please complete the BC COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment Tool here. You can call 8-1-1 for guidance from public health about the results of the self-assessment. You can learn about COVID-19 testing here.
Appointments are being booked by phone until at least the end of August 2020. This is a precautionary measure in the early days of my return to work during the COVID-19 pandemic. My availability is still posted monthly via the ‘book an appointment’ buttons.