This page was updated September 16, 2020.
How will I keep us all as safe as possible during the COVID-19 pandemic? Return to practice protocols are available below. I encourage you to read through these before your next appointment.
Click here to learn about me and about how I practice. My preferred area of practice is caring for you and your family. All ages are welcome in my treatment space including kids, teens, pregnant people, new parents, and grandparents.
I work at Mothering Touch – 975 Fort Street, Victoria BC (the overall focus here is on new and expectant parents, but all ages and genders are welcome to book an appointment)
I also offer in-home massage therapy (mobile appointments) in Victoria, Oak Bay, Saanich, View Royal, Highlands, Langford, Colwood, and Esquimalt
You may like to know more about…
Services, fees, etc.
RMTs in BC
Return to practice protocols (the condensed version for both mothering touch and in-home appointments)
- Protocols aim to reduce the risk of transmission of the virus that causes COVID-19. Due to the hands-on nature of massage therapy treatment, this risk cannot be reduced to zero.
- I will update these protocols as needed to remain in line with the guidance provided by the College of Massage Therapists of British Columbia, the Registered Massage Therapists Association of British Columbia, the Provincial Health Officer, and WorkSafeBC.
- Scheduling appointments at Mothering Touch You may book online here or call (250) 595-4905. Prospective patients are welcome to contact me directly with any questions or concerns about receiving massage therapy treatment during the COVID-19 pandemic (see the bottom of this page for contact details).
- Scheduling in-home appointments New patient appointments will be booked by phone until further notice. Please ask any questions you may have about the risks and benefits of proceeding with massage therapy treatment at this time. Subsequent appointments may be booked online, in person, by phone, or by email.
- I work in patient homes and at Mothering Touch on different days. I am only visiting one household per work day until further notice. Institutional visits are suspended indefinitely, and I do not offer workplace appointments.
- At the time of booking you will be directed to the BC COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment Tool. In order for your appointment to proceed you must confirm that everyone in your household is symptom-free, that nobody in your household has a confirmed or potential case of COVID-19, that none of you are currently self-isolating due to potential exposure to the virus, and that none of you will have travelled outside British Columbia during the 14 days prior to the date of your appointment. If any of these conditions do apply to your situation, I will use my discretion in deciding whether it is safe for your appointment to proceed.
- You will be required to complete a screening questionnaire within two days of each appointment and at the beginning of each appointment. I may call you to follow up with questions or concerns. I reserve the right to postpone and reschedule your appointment if your health or the health of anyone in your household may be compromised. Cancellation fees are waived when cancellation is due to reasons associated with COVID-19.
- I will be self-screening for symptoms and will not work if my health or the health of anyone in my household may be compromised. In these cases, I will contact 8-1-1 for guidance to help me protect the health of all my patients.
- Physical distancing measures will be in place during non-treatment times.
- Enhanced cleaning, sanitization, and disinfection protocols will be strictly followed in all practice environments.
- Enhanced protocols will also be followed when laundering linens.
- Face touching avoidance and hand hygiene protocols will be strictly followed by both me and you. You will be asked to wash or sanitize your hands before and after the treatment. As is standard practice, I will wash my hands and forearms immediately before and immediately after the treatment.
- I will wear a mask whenever physical distancing cannot be maintained, and you will also be required to wear a mask as appropriate during treatment. If wearing a mask negatively affects your health and wellbeing, or if you prefer to wear a mask at all times during your appointment, then please discuss your options with me ahead of time. I can provide you with a clean single-use mask at your appointment.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me by phone or email (see below).
- Stay well!
If you are experiencing symptoms that may be caused by COVID-19 (fever, chills, difficulty breathing, new or worsening cough, runny nose, etc), please complete the BC COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment Tool here. You can call 8-1-1 for guidance from public health about the results of the self-assessment. You can learn about COVID-19 testing here.